Who we are
Our website address is: https://cityofgem.com
The City of Gem is a natural gemstone supplier from the source I City of Gem Ratnapura Sri Lanka. We Provide natural crystals of any gemstone families and provide custom gemstone cutting inquiries which can choose from our own rough gemstones stock.
As soon as the money arrives, We start the shipping process and update you with every single step. We ship through the National Gem And Jewelry Authority With Insurance. We will provide you with a tracking number as soon as the order is shipped.
Crystal and Rough Gemstones
We actually like Export Rough Stones from Sri Lanka. But, there is no legal way to do that. It’s government law. We can Only export legally ” cut and polished stones” and ” Crystals”. We don’t like to give risk to our customers.
We ship rough gemstones to other countries after cutting and polishing and Certification.
Crystals can be shipped from Sri Lanka with Natural Formation what you see on the website.
Rough Gemstones are shipped after cutting and polishing as we mentioned in every single products.
We finish gemstones as we estimated sizes in product descriptions with our estimated shape and cut, if you give custom designs, weight may vary than expected.
Estimated cutting weights of Rough Stones
Estimating the gemstone before cutting is very hard and risky. We get the minimum rate of estimation to reduce the risk. 98% of gemstones can be finished with estimated sizes according to our business experience and knowledge. But, We hope better understanding from customers about the other 2% of failures estimations and we always try to recover it from adding more gemstones with the order.
Direct PayPal Facility
Paypal withdrawal facilities are not available in Sri Lanka. It’s a government Central Bank Rule.
So, We have to do international payments through other legal ways that we have.
Our customers around the world pay through Western Union, Money Gram, Ria, Transfer wise, or Direct Bank Transfer.
If anyone need about only PayPal Option, They can use Xoom Service
EMS parcels normally will be arrived at customer locations within 7 days after shipping from Sri Lanka if destination locations do not have any delay problems.
FedEx parcels normally will be arrived at customer locations within 3 days after shipping from Sri Lanka if destination locations do not have any delay problems. FedEx is fast service and expensive. If a customer needs to ship through FedEx service. The customer should pay 50% of the shipping cost. The City Of Gem provides other 50% from our side.
Return Policy on Loose Gemstones:
For loose gemstones, you can return the gemstone with 100% money paid for the gemstone within the 14 Day period by meeting the below conditions.
Note: Shipping charges, VAT, and duties are not refundable.
Conditions to be eligible for the Returns Policy:
1. Item(s) must be in their original, unused condition.
2. Replacements for items are subject to inspection and checking by the City of Gem team.
3. Damages due to neglect, and improper usage will not be included under our Returns & Replacement Policy
4. Product should be accompanied with Original Product Certificate and Original/Copy of Invoice, packaging, documentation, lab certificates, discount coupons, etc.
Once an order for gem cutting has been placed, it cannot be canceled again (if it has already been sent for cutting and polishing). Rough gems selected by you from our collection will not be returned accepted those that has been cut and polished according to your order.
– Shipping Charges, VAT, and duties are not refundable.
– Return Shipment is at the customer’s cost
– Payment Gateway charges, if applicable, will not be refunded. These are billed directly by the payment gateway and are not refunded
– Additionally, any additional lab certificate that may have been ordered apart from the free along with the gemstone, shall not be refunded in the return payment
In case you are returning or replacing a gemstone, please take the following steps:
– Contact Customer Support and get a Return Authorization
– Ensure that you keep all original objects that accompanied the gemstone-like Original Product Certificate and Original/Copy of Invoice, packaging, documentation, lab certificates, discount coupons, etc.
– Pack the items carefully and send only through a reputed courier with insurance for the package. Take the courier tracking information and share it with us.
IMPORTANT: Do not write the name City Of Gem or any gemstones, or jewelry-related words on the outside of the package, as it may attract undue attention and theft of the package.